- Bulwark FR - Bulwark is a great, Nashville-based, company that offers a wide variety of flame resistant options. Many of their products are sold to utility workers, but they are still a great FR option. Many of Bulwark's products are made with Nomex for its flame-resistant properties. If that is a feature you are looking for, Bulwark is a great place to start. One more thing: Bulwark is also one of the brands which offers High Visibility FR items.
- Rasco FR - Rasco's product list is not as expansive as Bulwark's, but they still get the job done. Rasco has the traditional selection of coats, coveralls, pants, shirts, and sweatshirts, but they still have some niche items such as their flame resistant camo jacket and t-shirt.
- DriFire FR - DriFire clothing is made in made in the USA and they are another one of our flame resistant vendors which offer a high visibility FR option, but their selection is more limited in that area. They do also offer some flame resistant thermal underwear and other accessories in addition to some shirts. They do not have a lot of variety, but they are definitely worth a look.
- Berne FR - This Indiana-based company was founded in 1915 to sell overalls and shirts. A unique product of their invention is their snap-on hood. If you are looking for flame-resistant bibs, coveralls, jackets, or sweatshirts, Berne is worth a try.
- NSA FR - National Safety Apparel is located in Ohio and has been making their quality flame-resistant products in the USA for many years. NSA is the only vendor which offers a protection kit with a hard hat, face shield, glasses, etc. They also offer a variety of sweatshirts and high visibility items. If you work in a cold environment, I recommend trying out one of their pullover or zip sweatshirts to see how it performs.
Monday, September 30, 2013
Flame Resistant Brands
We offer a wide variety of flame resistant/flame retardant clothing at Midwest Workwear. Carhartt FR is one of our biggest brands, but other options are available. For our last post of the month, we would like to provide a quick overview of some brands that might be overlooked.